Sr Manager Human Resources
SIWI’s real asset is its world-class staff, and your role as Sr Manager for Human Resources is vital to SIWI’s future achievements. Today SIWI has some 80 employees from over 25 countries. One of SIWI’s strategic objectives is to be an attractive employer, making Human Resources management a key function of the organization. The primary role of the Sr Manager is to recruit and develop SIWI staff, manage development of SIWI leadership, work environment development, and fulfill the employer’s obligations in accordance with Swedish legislation.
You will report directly to the Executive Director and the Executive Management Team (EMT) and be a member of the Senior Management Team at SIWI.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop and implement a high-quality Human Resources’ strategy
• Overarching responsibility for recruitments to SIWI – in Sweden and international locations
• Leadership development and training of leaders with staff responsibilities
• Issues related to staff well-being
• Overarching responsibility for work environment at SIWI
• SIWI’s obligations in accordance with Swedish labour market legislation
• Relationship between the employer and the local union
• Development of staff competence
• Coordinate department directors’ development dialogues with staff and salary revisions
• Staff-related policies and guidelines
• Together with EMT and directors develop and nurture the culture and behavior in the organization, in line with SIWI’s. core values
Education and experience
– University degree in Human Resources Management or Behavioral Sciences
– At least 10-15 years of experience from a leading HR position in organizations with various cultures and international settings
– Vast experience of staff competence and leadership development
– Profound knowledge of Swedish labour market laws and regulations
– A solid human resources background from a Swedish organization with international activities
– Experience of change management in organizations with high performing staff
– Integrity to allow you to manage sensitive situations with empathy
– Enthusiasm to develop a first-class human resources function in an organization consisting of highly competent international staff
The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
How to apply for the position:
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 January 2019. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Start date 1 April 2019.
Further information can be provided by Torgny Holmgren, Executive Director, phone
+46 8 1213 6010, Kerstin Harnesk, Sr. Manager HR, phone +46 8 12 13 601,2 or Kanika Thakar, local union representative, phone +46 8 12 13 6036
SIWI is a water policy institute that generates knowledge and informs decision-making towards water wise policy and sustainable development. SIWI performs applied research, provides advisory services on water governance to actors and partners in developing countries. SIWI also cooperates with actors in Sweden and organises the World Water Week in Stockholm – the leading annual global meeting on water and development issues – and hosts the Stockholm Water Prize, and the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.