The Administration Department is responsible for the functions of Service Support Unit, Human Resource Unit, Information Communications Technology Unit, Procurement Unit and Logistic Unit at the Kabul Management Office in Afghanistan. The HR Advisor will operationally report to the HR Manager, and have a strategic advisory link to the Administration Director.
Human Resource Unit
Human Resource Unit (HRU) is a strategic support unit for the organization’s management in maintaining and developing HR processes and procedures as well as ensuring focus on longer-term human resource development so as to support fulfilment of SCA’s strategic goals. The Unit oversees and safeguards that SCA adheres to set policies, harassment free work-environment and non-discrimination in areas of employment, and that women and persons with disability are given particular attention.
Scope of Work
The overall role and responsibility is to support the HR Manager and HR Unit by developing SCA’s internal Human Resources operations in Afghanistan, while putting specific emphasis on guiding the organisation’s HR operations towards a stronger strategic focus. The advisor contributes to maintaining and improving SCA’s human resource management in developing, planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and HR policies, procedures, and practices. The advisor assists the HR Manager in working with managers to develop and foster an engaged, productive and empowered staff with a gender and equality perspective.
- Advise the HR Manager and members of the HR team on the development, modification and implementation of HR policies and practices on workplace relation issues
- Give advice and support to the HR team to develop quality and impact of all related HR services
- Work in line with SCA Strategy Plan and its objectives
- Guide SCA’s human resource development towards a stronger strategic focus so as to support fulfilment of SCA’s strategic goals.
- Build awareness and understanding of HR policies, code of conduct and the respect of rights and responsibilities within managers and staff
- Support management and staff on implementation of SCA related policies and procedures related to workplace relations
- Further improve and implement rewards, appraisal and salary scale systems as well as SCA competency and development programme
- Provide guidance in internal support to managers in coaching skills and tools
- Advise, support and coordinate with the Regional Management Offices
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Law, Organizational Development, Public Administration or other relevant social sciences documented knowledge and experience
- Excellent command of written and oral English
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR, system development, organisational development
- Minimum 2 years in management role
- At least 3 years of experience with an international organisation or international experience
- Experience in developing and implementing HR policies, manuals, procedures and guidelines
- Experience in working with gender and equality from an HR perspective
- Highly collaborative and resourceful
- Analytical ability in creating effective and strategic HR solutions while adhering to labour laws
- Demonstrating / Safeguarding Ethics and Integrity
- Experience in cultural sensitivity in Islamic context
- Individual and Situational coaching skills
- Understanding of rights-based development theory and approaches
- Have participated in HEAT-training or other security training
- Knowledge of Dari and/or Pashto
- Previous experience from Afghanistan or other conflict county
As part of our gender equality work, we encourage women to apply
Contract period: 2 years with an initial 6 months probationary period
Conditions: Non- family posting. SCA offers a competitive salary, free housing, insurances and other benefits.
Duties to begin: August 2019
Last date for application: 20 May 2019